Controllers of personal information
Any personal information provided or to be gathered by Delta is controlled primarily by Delta Music Plc of 222 Cray Avenue, Orpington, Kent, BR5 3PZ, England.
What information do we collect? How do we use it?
- When you order, we need to know your name, e-mail address, delivery address, credit or debit card number and the card's expiry date. This allows us to process and fulfil your orders and to notify you of the status of your order.
- We also ask for your telephone number which enables us to contact you urgently if there is a problem with your order. For some international deliveries this number may be given to our couriers.
- When you enter a contest or other promotional feature, we may ask for your name, address and e-mail address so we can administer the contest and notify winners.
- We personalise your shopping experience by using your purchases to shape our recommendations about goods that might be of interest to you. We also monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the store.
- We may also use the information we collect to occasionally notify you about important functionality changes to the Web site, new services and special offers we think you'll find valuable. If you would rather not receive this information, you may opt out by sending a blank email to email@example.com.
How does Delta protect customer information?
When you place orders or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. Furthermore, as required by the UK Data Protection Legislation, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information to you.
Will Delta disclose the information it collects to outside parties?
Delta does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. In connection with the delivery of our services, we may share the Personal Information with third-party partners or vendors who help deliver or administer the services, but they are only permitted to use the information in connection with the delivery or administration of our services. For example, we share your credit card information with a third-party credit card processing company, but that company is not permitted to use the credit card or Personal Information for any purpose other than to fulfill the specific purchase transaction.
We use your information on an aggregated basis (not personally identifiable) to do such things as operate our site, enhance our site and sell and deliver messages. We may disclose aggregated information about our users, but that information contains no Personal Information.
Although your privacy is very important to us, due to legal rules beyond our control, we cannot fully ensure that your private communications and other Personal Information will not be disclosed to third parties. For example, we may be forced to disclose information to the government or third parties under certain circumstances, or third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Additionally, in the unlikely event we need to investigate or resolve possible problems or inquiries, we can, and you authorize us to, disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate. In addition, we may share Personal Information with our contractors on a need-to-know basis in order to maintain our services provided that such contractors have agreed to the non-disclosure and confidentiality requirements we require of our employees.
We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mails, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and providing customer services. Such companies and individuals will have access to personal information needed to perform these functions, but may not use it for any other purposes and are required to process the data in accordance with the UK's Data Protection legislation.